Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Arrows Without Fletching

Bicing: a tax?

For several days I have a problem as Bicing user. I turn a charge corresponding to 42 euros a night, twelve hours, supposedly I've been cycling around the city. I have been in contact with Bicing ten times through phone calls and emails and the result is always the same: to pay and then submit a claim to be studied and, perhaps, there is refund of unduly paid. I could not return the bill because the system used for charging the credit card, which are presumed to have consented to the charges given the card number, and the bank I subjected to the same scheme: charge note and letter to the owner card stating the grounds of abuse of office and, if deemed, return of the collection. Read news


response, the client is helpless, I am being subjected to the same legal status by paying a debt to a private company if it were a tax. The maxim estoppel tax (paid and then recur).

But subjecting a user to pay any charge abuse and having to endure the pilgrimage Bicing telephone and bank, and then an appeal, it seems excessive. Of course I will claim both Bicing and the administration, because it is unacceptable to use my card, provided in good faith, to support charges manifestly improper. I wonder: what if they had been 1,000 or 2,000 euros?

0 comments:

Post a Comment